KAYSVILLE — Kaysville Police are on the lookout for a person who flew a drone over Davis Technical College pretending to be them.
Problem-Oriented Policing Officer Alexis Benson says they got a call a few days ago reporting the drone.
“The drone had a speaker. It sounded like a recording that advised they were Kaysville Police and [the people on campus] needed to evacuate the area for an emergency,” Benson says.
No one took the message seriously.
Police are interviewing people to try and zero in on a suspect.
Benson says impersonating a police officer is against the law, but it is also dangerous.
“Being at the school, students or whoever is in the area might be concerned that it may be an active shooter scenario. We don’t want to startle anyone,” Benson says.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings