Kaysville Police look for person flying drone, impersonating them
KAYSVILLE — Kaysville Police are on the lookout for a person who flew a drone over Davis Technical College pretending to be them.
Problem-Oriented Policing Officer Alexis Benson says they got a call a few days ago reporting the drone.
“The drone had a speaker. It sounded like a recording that advised they were Kaysville Police and [the people on campus] needed to evacuate the area for an emergency,” Benson says.
No one took the message seriously.
Police are interviewing people to try and zero in on a suspect.
Benson says impersonating a police officer is against the law, but it is also dangerous.
“Being at the school, students or whoever is in the area might be concerned that it may be an active shooter scenario. We don’t want to startle anyone,” Benson says.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- Cottonwood Connect offers a new way to get up Cottonwood Canyons
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”
- UHP: Semi rollover in Juab County has claimed at least one life