Utah Jazz appoint Jim Olsen as new President
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz have announced that Jim Olson will be the new President of the Jazz as well as the Larry H. Miller Sports & Entertainment.
Olson will take the place of former Jazz President Steve Starks who was promoted to CEO of the LHM Group in August, and is scheduled to start his new role on Monday.
The Jazz said in a release Friday that Olson new duties involve taking over the day to day business operations of the team as well as “provid[ing] strategic leadership for properties such as Megaplex Theatres, Vivint Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake Bees baseball team, Salt Lake City Stars NBA G League team, Jazz Gaming NBA 2K team, The Zone Sports Network and the Tour of Utah professional cycling race.”
“Jim has a comprehensive knowledge, understanding and application of our mission, vision, values, and culture,” said Gail Miller, owner and chairman, Larry H. Miller Group of Companies. “He has articulated a compelling long-term strategy to give back to the community, constantly innovate, improve the fan experience and win an NBA championship. He is an integral part of our team as we manage for the future.”
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…