SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will make his next foreign ministry trip to four Asian countries.
The church announced Tuesday that Russell M. Nelson will visit Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore and Indonesia in November. He plans to meet with government and religious leaders in the countries as well as members of the faith.
The faith says he will be the first church president to visit Vietnam and Cambodia in 20 years.
He is scheduled to make the trip Nov. 15-22. He will be joined on the trip by his wife and fellow church leader D. Todd Christofferson and his wife.
The 95-year-old Nelson has traveled to six continents since he assumed the post in early 2018 as he tries to increase the faith’s global footprint.
- VIDEO: interviews of Charlie Powell available for the first time (pageviews: 5818)
- More on the lime-green puppy born in North Carolina (pageviews: 5685)
- Listen (pageviews: 4453)
- Long-time Jazz Bear speaks out for first time since firing (pageviews: 1388)
- Win $500 in Gas 3X a Day! (pageviews: 1301)
- UPDATE: Victims of Grantsville shooting identified (pageviews: 1298)
- Man kills coyote with bare hands after it attacks his son (pageviews: 1077)
- 76,000 Utahns need gold star on driver's license (pageviews: 1059)
- Developing: Homicide investigation in Grantsville 4 people confirmed dead (pageviews: 935)