CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Mailbox theft suspects arrested in Taylorsville after string of burglaries
Oct 9, 2019, 6:36 PM | Updated: Dec 30, 2022, 11:27 am
(Photo: Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office)
TAYLORSVILLE — An arrest has been made in a string of mailbox burglaries when Officers responded to a report of a suspicious person in the area of 4180 W and 5135 S. After following open mailboxes, street by street they they found the suspects.
A short chase ensued after which, Jose Luis Castillo and Brittany Hernandez were arrested.
Numerous stolen items were found in the suspects backpack that had been taken from previous mail thefts.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Utah Flooding: How to prevent and mitigate the risk
- BYU announces new president
- Skier found dead at Deer Valley ski resort
- Brighton hits a milestone with 700 inches of snow