SALT LAKE CITY — The Commission on Presidential Debates announced on Friday that the University of Utah will play host to a Vice Presidential Debate next October.
The debate will be held at Kingsbury Hall at 7 PM on Wednesday, October 7, 2020, and will run for 90 minutes. This is the first time a national debate has been held in Utah.
The debate commission announced four general election debates: three presidential debates and one vice presidential debate.
The first general election presidential debate will be held on Sept. 29, 2020, at the University of Notre Dame. The second debate will then be held at the University of Michigan on October 13, and finally at Belmont University in Nashville, TN on October 22.
Utah is the only western state that will host any of the general election debates.
- Ex-police chief speaks out on shooting of 13-year-old Linden Cameron | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3093)
- Grand jury indicts 1 police officer in Breonna Taylor death (pageviews: 2027)
- Utah County passes mask mandate effective immediately | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1779)
- Utah County passes mask mandate effective immediately (pageviews: 1671)
- Utah to report 1,198 new COVID-19 cases (pageviews: 1200)
- Several schools in three districts will close for two weeks due to COVID-19 cases | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1165)
- Utah reports a record breaking 1,198 COVID-19 cases in a single day | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1089)
- Woman killed after being hit by multiple vehicles on freeway | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1061)