MAPLETON, Utah (AP) — Police in Utah say three unidentified passersby acted quickly to save a driver who crashed her car and became trapped inside the burning vehicle.
The Daily Herald in Provo reported the crash was next to convenience store in suburban Mapleton.
Mapleton Police Chief John Jackson says the trio broke the car window and pulled a woman from behind the driver’s wheel to safety. The car had jumped a curb and erupted in flames after hitting a large power supply box between two trees.
Authorities say the woman was not seriously hurt. She was arrested on suspicion of driving drunk and with a suspended license, as well as operating the car without a required interlock device to prevent impaired driving.
- Step-father of missing Idaho kids speaks to ABC (pageviews: 14083)
- Costco bans non-members from their food court (pageviews: 12840)
- 7-year-old girl dies during tonsil surgery (pageviews: 6058)
- A YouTuber's fancy Bali vacation sure looked nice. Nope, the photos were taken in an Ikea (pageviews: 4588)
- A timeline of the missing Idaho children (pageviews: 3107)
- Volunteer cuddle program helps babies in the NICU (pageviews: 1790)
- Mom of missing kids waives extradition; bail stays at $5M (pageviews: 1689)
- 5-year-old Millcreek boy hit and killed (pageviews: 1503)