Former Uintah High teacher arrested for having sex with a student
VERNAL, Utah — Rodd Adam Repsher, 33, was arrested on Wednesday for having, “repeated sexual contact with a student in 2016 while he was working as a health teacher at Uintah High School.”
Repsher was arrested after a witness and the victim gave the Uinta County sheriff’s office with new information.
The original report had come from a fellow teacher that caught Repsher and the victim, who was 16, in his classroom on Oct. 11, 2016. The teacher told investigators that he saw the victim sitting on a counter and Repsher pressed up against her.
That teacher later told the sheriff’s department that Repsher said later that day that he had feelings for the teen, had kissed her, and that they were planning on going away after she graduated.
Repsher was placed on administrative leave that same day and the Uintah County Sheriff’s office said he never returned to a classroom and was terminated.
This case was reopened after new information was brought to the sheriff’s office earlier this year when a classmate of the victim spoke with their school resource officer.
That student said that she and the victim had been to Repsher’s home where she witnessed him kissing her friend on multiple occasions that night.
That classmate also said that any time girls “needed comfort” during the day, Repsher would kiss them on the cheek and slap them on the buttocks in his classroom.
With this information, the Sheriff’s office got in touch with the victim, who is now an adult and living in another state, who said that she and Repsher engaged in sexual activity multiple times when she was 16 and he was a teacher at the high school.
The encounters happened at the school, at Repsher’s home and at a local business where Repsher also worked, she said.
The Uinta County Sheriff’s Office says that Repsher was taken into custody without incident Wednesday and booked into the Uintah County Jail on an investigation of six counts of unlawful sexual activity with a 16 or 17-year-old.
The original report against Repsher from in 2016 involved allegations about multiple victims and as such the sheriff’s office is asking for anyone with information is asked to contact them at 435-789-2511.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- US added a strong 517,000 jobs in January despite Fed hikes
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- Bill would require buildings to post signs for events meant for adults
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend