NYC commuters enjoy Thanksgiving feast on subway car
NEW YORK (AP) — Thanksgiving came early for a group of New York City commuters who enjoyed a holiday feast on a subway train.
Video footage shows riders standing behind a white-clothed table covered with plates of turkey, mashed potatoes and cornbread in the middle of a Brooklyn-bound L train on Sunday.
ONLY IN NEW YORK, A WHOLE THANKSGIVING ON THE TRAIN. 😩 pic.twitter.com/Y64UZxS65b
— Obehi Imarenezor (@ObehiAngela) November 25, 2019
Stand-up comedian Jodell “Joe Show” Lewis tells the New York Post he organized the Thanksgiving dinner to “bring a little excitement to commuters” and feed any New Yorkers who might be hungry.
Lewis says he chose the L train after he saw how “dreary and upset” riders were at the inconvenience of a construction project that has cut service on the line.
Information from: New York Post, http://www.nypost.com
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- The bizarre history of Groundhog Day
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- One man dead, suspect on the run after Glendale shooting
- One person dead following a stabbing in Salt Lake City suspect still at large
- Davis County officials charge suspect in Layton Amber Alert