Two people found dead in fall at Arches National Park
ARCHES NATIONAL PARK — Two people are dead and one injured after they fell into the bowl area below Delicate Arch Friday morning. The area was temporarily closed by rescue crews responding to the scene.
The injured man was flown to Moab Regional Hospital.
The three people involved have not been identified, but they may be from California.
The Grand County Sheriff’s Office doesn’t know why the three people fell, but conditions were wet and slick at the time.
The trail has since been reopened.
More information is expected to be released on Monday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them
- 3 injured after port-a-potty truck took a spill on I-80 in Tooele County
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Inside Sources: Kayaker tells his story of survival on the Great Salt Lake
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…