Man charged with burglary in Logan Temple vandalism
LOGAN (AP)– A Utah man who authorities say vandalized a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints temple because he was upset no women from the faith would date him has been charged with burglary and criminal mischief.
Online court records show that charges were filed Thursday against 34-year-old Peter Ambrose.
Police said after his arrest Tuesday that Ambrose told officers he was upset he could not see his children during the Christmas holiday, and that no Latter-day Saint women wanted to date him.
No attorney was listed for Ambrose in court records.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one