Car, UTA bus collide head-on in Farmington
FARMINGTON — Two drivers had to go to the hospital after a crash between a car and a UTA bus in Farmington.
It happened on 200 East just past Glovers Lane.
Police say a witness saw the car weaving in and out of traffic before crossing into the bus’s southbound lane and slamming into it head-on.
“As far as the exact injuries for the driver of the sedan, I do not know. He was in a lot of pain. The driver of the UTA bus was more shaken up than anything,” said Farmington Police Sgt. Brian Cooper.
One passenger on the bus at the time was not injured.
Cooper says they’ll do some tests on the driver of the car as they investigate what happened.
“We are handling the investigation of the accident here. UTA will do their own internal investigation. As part of our investigation, we will try to rule things out,” he said.
That includes looking into drunk or impaired driving, a medical condition, distracted driving, or speeding.
Both the bus and car were damaged; the car nearly folded in half. Tow trucks took both vehicles away from the scene.
On the scene of a UTA bus and car crash 200 East Glovers Lane in Farmington pic.twitter.com/claklZ8AMD
— Mary Richards (@kslmrichards) January 9, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- U of U students rally in support of Mahsa Amini, woman killed in Iran
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- Intermountain Healthcare purchases land near Ephraim
- A new chance for a fighting chance against ovarian cancer
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold