One man in custody after deadly stabbing in West Jordan
WEST JORDAN – An early morning stabbing takes the life of a West Jordan man outside his home. Police were able to track down a suspect after hours of searching.
The call to 911 dispatchers didn’t actually come from the place where the attack happened. Investigators say they were notified by employees at Jordan Valley Medical Center.
Sergeant JC Holt says, “The emergency personnel called and reported they had a male that had come into the emergency room.”
At first, medical workers weren’t sure if the victim had been shot or stabbed, but Holt says they were eventually able to determine the man had a significant knife injury. The victim, Adam Cross, 27, later died from those wounds. While they were at the hospital, officers learned the attack happened on 3285 West south of 9000 South.
“We believe there was an altercation between two individuals out in front of the home,” Holt says, although, they haven’t determined what the initial fight was about.
Police say the suspect, Spencer Greenway, 27, was taken into custody in the afternoon and was being interviewed by detective.
“The neighborhood, I think, is certainly in shock of what’s happening here. It’s alarming,” Holt says. “This isn’t something we’ve had a problem with in this neighborhood.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Water regulators say lawn care is causing the most strain to state reservoirs, call on…
- American Leadership Academy responds to homecoming incident
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- University of Utah investigating reports of poop, KKK recruiting in possible racism issue on campus
- Grants approved to help Utah law enforcement buy a home
- August unemployment rate holds at 2%
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- The Queen Center
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- 1-year-old dies after father intentionally left him in hot car, police say