Rollover crash leads to I-15 shutdown and nightmare Salt Lake traffic
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake area traffic ground to a halt after all lanes of Interstate 15 in Salt Lake County were closed due to a rolled vehicle.
The Utah Department of Transportation reported a crash shortly after 7:30 am approaching 7200 S in Midvale and estimated that the shutdown would last until about 10 a.m.
Rollover crash I-15 SB approaching 7200 South in Midvale. ALL lanes CLOSED backing traffic to 4500 South in Murray and on the I-215 Freeway. pic.twitter.com/sIVEGAx8CM
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) January 23, 2020
Utah Highway Patrol troopers said those involved only suffered minor injuries.
We are on scene of a minor injury crash on SB I-15 at 6800 South in Midvale. We’ve had a secondary injury crash on SB I-15 at 4500 S. EB and WB I-215 are affected as is SB I-15. Expect delays in the area as one of the vehicles involved is an overturned box truck.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) January 23, 2020
In the backups of the first crash, there was another crash approaching the 4500 S exit that extended the backups into downtown.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Utah drought conditions see “significant” improvement
- Jury finds Paltrow not liable in ski collision trial