Man fatally electrocuted in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY – Salt Lake City firefighters say a man was fatally electrocuted while working near power lines on Thursday morning.
Fire Captain Anthony Burton says the man was standing on an elevated platform parked on 200 East near Burton Avenue when the accident happened around 11:30 Thursday morning .
“They hit the [power] lines in between, and that’s when the incident occurred,” Burton said.
The identity of the victim has not been released, and investigators are trying to figure out how the accident happened.
“It doesn’t appear at this time it was a power company employee. But, unfortunately, as they were doing whatever work at heights, their elevated platform impacted some power lines,” Burton said.
The wet weather does not appear to be a factor in the accident.
The area surrounding the accident site was without power for approximately one hour.
Today’s Top Stories
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Biden to test run reelection message in address to divided Congress
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- DWR implements emergency state-wide restrictions on shed antler hunting
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools