Man fatally electrocuted in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY – Salt Lake City firefighters say a man was fatally electrocuted while working near power lines on Thursday morning.
Fire Captain Anthony Burton says the man was standing on an elevated platform parked on 200 East near Burton Avenue when the accident happened around 11:30 Thursday morning .
“They hit the [power] lines in between, and that’s when the incident occurred,” Burton said.
The identity of the victim has not been released, and investigators are trying to figure out how the accident happened.
“It doesn’t appear at this time it was a power company employee. But, unfortunately, as they were doing whatever work at heights, their elevated platform impacted some power lines,” Burton said.
The wet weather does not appear to be a factor in the accident.
The area surrounding the accident site was without power for approximately one hour.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead