SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Rep. Ben McAdams announced he endorses Mayor Mike Bloomberg as the Democratic presidential nominee Friday, nodding toward Bloomberg’s “collaborative approach” to addressing issues.
“Washington is full of people who talk, and our country is desperately in need of a doer like Mike who puts people ahead of politics,”said Congressman Ben McAdams, in a statement from Bloomberg’s campaign. “Mike is someone who will listen, do what’s right, and work across party lines to get things done.”
McAdams said he endorses Bloomberg because he is the best option to achieve “fiscal responsibility” in Washington that will help to address issues such as quality health care.
“As Mayor, he brought people from all corners of the world together to solve big problems and I am confident he will do the same as president,” McAdams said.
Bloomberg pointed toward McAdams’ experience as a mayor, saying he is a representative who can understand his need to get things done.
“In Utah and in Congress, he’s led on the issues critical to this election,” said Bloomberg in his campaign’s statement. “Taking action to create jobs, improve education, and expand access to affordable health care for every American. I’m looking forward to working with him to bring people together and rebuild America.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Verdict is in: Chauvin guilty of George Floyd’s death
- Opinion: A Former Coachman’s Waitress Says Farewell
- Dr. Angela Dunn to leave state health department for Salt Lake County
- More than 500k Utahns qualify for ‘zero-dollar,’ lower premium health care plans
- Utah State University football player faces 8 charges, including rape
- Do You Suffer From Intimacy Pain, Pressure, or Leaking? Here Are 7 Ways You Can Get Relief…
- Pandemic child abuse reports down, but Utah cases did not go away
- Face masks required in Utah national parks, but not in all gateway cities
- Dogecoin jumps 20% as crypto fans declare Doge Day
- What is an accessory dwelling unit? How ADU’s can help your finances, future, and your…