SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg has announced the location of his upcoming town hall meeting in Salt Lake City.
He’ll appear Monday, February 17th at The Complex, at 536 W. 100 South in Salt Lake.
Buttigieg has a pair of new endorsements in Utah. Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson and former Salt Lake City Mayor Ted Wilson announced Buttigieg as their presidential pick on Friday.
Jenny Wilson said in a statement that Buttigieg would be a unifying leader who could both energize the party’s base and attract moderates.
Her father Ted Wilson says the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, would be the best qualified to run the country.
Their endorsements contrast with Democratic U.S. Rep. Ben McAdams, who has endorsed former New York City mayor Mike Bloomberg.
- Smith's limiting number of customers in store, closing early Easter Sunday (pageviews: 11015)
- Catch this week's supermoon, biggest and brightest of year (pageviews: 4236)
- Dr. Anthony Fauci impressed with Utah response to COVID-19, state to train more in contact tracing (pageviews: 4013)
- Emergency responders urge tourists to stay home after rescue in Emery County (pageviews: 3385)
- Five additional coronavirus deaths reported in Utah (pageviews: 2066)
- Utah COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase over weekend (pageviews: 1595)
- Antibody testing one step closer to tackling COVID-19 in Utah (pageviews: 1375)
- Salt Lake County Mayor considers extending stay home order to Memorial Day or longer (pageviews: 1069)