2 arrested in deadly West Valley stabbing
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — Two people are in custody after a deadly overnight stabbing in West Valley City police say.
West Valley Police say around 9 pm last night 26-year-old Troy Carter and others gave a ride to the two adult male suspects when an argument broke out near Peachwood Park on 3965 South 3515 West. The two suspects refused to get out of the car as requested and it was then police say the victim stabbing occurred.
Police say Carter died at the hospital at 1:30 this morning.
Witnesses were able to help identify the suspects, and authorities found them at a home in Kearns near 5400 South and 5600 West where they were arrested without incident.
“We feel like we have everyone involved in custody,” Deputy Chief Kent Stokes says.
Victim was stabbed multiple times. He died at hospital at approx. 1:30am. Investigators tracked suspects to house in Kearns (5575 W 5430 S.) two adult male suspects arrested there. Evidence from stabbing recovered there.
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) February 26, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Back-to-back winter storms bring heavy snow, critical fire conditions to the West
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- SuperAgers — who are they, are you one, and can you become one?
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- Utah’s film festival screens an all-Utah cast for Marylin Monroe film