WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — Two people are in custody after a deadly overnight stabbing in West Valley City police say.
West Valley Police say around 9 pm last night 26-year-old Troy Carter and others gave a ride to the two adult male suspects when an argument broke out near Peachwood Park on 3965 South 3515 West. The two suspects refused to get out of the car as requested and it was then police say the victim stabbing occurred.
Police say Carter died at the hospital at 1:30 this morning.
Witnesses were able to help identify the suspects, and authorities found them at a home in Kearns near 5400 South and 5600 West where they were arrested without incident.
“We feel like we have everyone involved in custody,” Deputy Chief Kent Stokes says.
Victim was stabbed multiple times. He died at hospital at approx. 1:30am. Investigators tracked suspects to house in Kearns (5575 W 5430 S.) two adult male suspects arrested there. Evidence from stabbing recovered there.
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) February 26, 2020
- Smith's limiting number of customers in store, closing early Easter Sunday (pageviews: 11015)
- Catch this week's supermoon, biggest and brightest of year (pageviews: 4236)
- Dr. Anthony Fauci impressed with Utah response to COVID-19, state to train more in contact tracing (pageviews: 4013)
- Emergency responders urge tourists to stay home after rescue in Emery County (pageviews: 3385)
- Five additional coronavirus deaths reported in Utah (pageviews: 2066)
- Utah COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase over weekend (pageviews: 1595)
- Antibody testing one step closer to tackling COVID-19 in Utah (pageviews: 1375)
- Salt Lake County Mayor considers extending stay home order to Memorial Day or longer (pageviews: 1069)