Bernie Sanders to speak at Utah rally on Monday
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders will hold a rally in Utah next week. The Vermont senator will at the Utah State Fairpark at noon in Salt Lake City on Monday, the day before Utah becomes one of several states to vote in the series of primaries known as Super Tuesday. Sanders won Utah’s Democratic caucus in 2016 in a landslide, and polls have indicated he’s a strong front-runner this year as well. The campaign has also recently announced an expansion of its Utah operation new staff hires and a state headquarters in Salt Lake City.
Today’s Top Stories
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Fire in West Valley City home contained to one room in basement
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- Opinion: The long and winding road to the championship