Woman wounded during officer-involved shooting at a Murray apartment
MURRAY, Utah – A woman is being treated for non-life threatening injuries after a police officer shot her inside her apartment in Murray.
Murray Police Officer Kenny Bass said another officer was helping a man check on the woman at the Stillwater Apartments around 1:00p.m. on Thursday. That’s when he heard a gunshot inside the apartment and called for backup.
“Several officers arrived at that point and made entry into the residence. And a [second] shot was fired and the female was struck. She was then taken to the hospital with what I’d heard was non life-threatening injuries,” Bass said.
It’s unclear why the officer shot his gun inside the apartment.
Bass says it may not be the first time they had a run in the woman.
“We have had a couple of recent calls in the last week with an individual that matched this description,” Bass said.
That was one reason police believed she was armed.
The officer who shot the woman is on paid administrative leave pending an investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Storms blast southern Utah, flash flooding possible
- Saturday crash killed father and 2-year-old son
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- SLCPD investigating reported sexual assault at frat house near University of Utah
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead