SALT LAKE CITY — The artist responsible for the iconic album artwork for The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band has been commissioned by Zions Bank to create a mural to celebrate the accomplishments of Utah women in downtown Salt Lake City.
In a release Wednesday, Zions Bank said that Jann Haworth “is working with women and men across the state to make more than 200 stencil portraits of impactful Utah women past and present.”
The bank says that the portraits will be collaged and printed on 50-foot-tall weatherproof banners to be displayed on the side of Zions Bank’s Dinwoody Building in Salt Lake City.
Haworth’s artwork may already be familiar to Utahns, though they may not know it. Her “SLC Pepper” mural at 250 S. 400 W. in Salt Lake City evokes the iconic Sgt. Pepper’s artwork. She grew up in California, but lives and works now in Utah.
The mural is expected to be completed in August to commemorate the 100 years since the ratification of the 19th amendment and 150 years since Utahn Seraph Young became the first woman in the modern nation to cast a ballot.
- State officials: Utah ready to store, distribute COVID-19 vaccines (pageviews: 2582)
- Man says he removed the mysterious Utah monolith – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2542)
- Monolith may be gone from Utah desert, but not from Romania – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1524)
- Police chief addresses video of officer pushing elderly man to ground amid protest (pageviews: 926)
- California monolith appears after similar structures disappear elsewhere (pageviews: 744)
- State officials: Utah ready to store, distribute COVID-19 vaccines – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 696)
- People are moving to Utah, making it one of the fastest growing states in the US – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 651)
- How will a vaccine help with COVID-19 herd immunity? (pageviews: 621)