SALT LAKE CITY — The artist responsible for the iconic album artwork for The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band has been commissioned by Zions Bank to create a mural to celebrate the accomplishments of Utah women in downtown Salt Lake City.
In a release Wednesday, Zions Bank said that Jann Haworth “is working with women and men across the state to make more than 200 stencil portraits of impactful Utah women past and present.”
The bank says that the portraits will be collaged and printed on 50-foot-tall weatherproof banners to be displayed on the side of Zions Bank’s Dinwoody Building in Salt Lake City.
Haworth’s artwork may already be familiar to Utahns, though they may not know it. Her “SLC Pepper” mural at 250 S. 400 W. in Salt Lake City evokes the iconic Sgt. Pepper’s artwork. She grew up in California, but lives and works now in Utah.
The mural is expected to be completed in August to commemorate the 100 years since the ratification of the 19th amendment and 150 years since Utahn Seraph Young became the first woman in the modern nation to cast a ballot.
- Ex-police chief speaks out on shooting of 13-year-old Linden Cameron | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 5128)
- Ex-police chief speaks out on shooting of 13-year-old Linden Cameron (pageviews: 2181)
- Grand jury indicts 1 police officer in Breonna Taylor death (pageviews: 1894)
- Utah County passes mask mandate effective immediately | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1664)
- Provo, Orem to move to "orange" during COVID-19 uptick (pageviews: 1608)
- Utah County passes mask mandate effective immediately (pageviews: 1498)
- Navajo to extend weekend lockdown because of new virus cases | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1386)
- Sen. Mitt Romney says he will not block a vote on SCOTUS nominee (pageviews: 1271)