SALT LAKE CITY — President Russell M. Nelson, leader of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, invited people all over the world to fast and pray with him Sunday, Mar. 29, 2020.
In a video message posted by the church, President Nelson asked people to join him in prayer and fasting for COVID-19, or novel coronavirus, relief.
President Nelson, a retired cardiologist, expressed gratitude to health workers helping to contain the spread of COVID-19.
“I am also a man of faith,” President Nelson said, “and I know that during these challenging times, we can be strengthened and lifted as we call upon God and his son, Jesus Christ, the master healer.”
President Nelson urged viewers to join his fast this coming weekend, specifically asking for prayer for “relief from the physical, emotional, and economic effects of this global pandemic.”
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
State of Utah: https://coronavirus.utah.gov/
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
- Costco implements new policy limiting customers in the store (pageviews: 56666)
- Girl Scout cookies go online to keep your quarantine snacks stocked (pageviews: 9404)
- Grocery store to provide free digital thermometers (pageviews: 5136)
- Salt Lake County latest to issue "Stay Safe, Stay Home" order (pageviews: 3330)
- Coronavirus death rate is lower than previously reported, study says, but it's still deadlier than seasonal flu (pageviews: 3092)
- Paying rent and mortgages during the COVID-19 pandemic (pageviews: 2682)
- What you need to do to get your government stimulus check (pageviews: 2569)
- COVID-19 case count in Utah now at 719, officials say (pageviews: 1809)