The warehouse store Costco has updated its policy and will now only allow two individuals in the store per membership card. The new Costco policy will begin on Friday, April 3.
The new Costco policy
Craig Jelinek, president and CEO of Costco, says the change comes to protect the safety and health of both members and employees.
“As many of you have noticed, we’ve experienced a surge of business during this time. As a result, we’ve taken steps to control the number of members in our warehouses and asked that members and employees practice social distancing,” Jelinek said.
In addition to limiting the number of individuals in the store, the wholesaler has also changed their hours of operation.
In a release on Tuesday, they said that they will be reserving the shopping hours between 8 and 9 am for members age 60 and older.
They will also be closing at 6:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Costco also says the policy means they have closed the seating area in their food courts. Menu options will be limited to takeout orders only.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
State of Utah: https://coronavirus.utah.gov/
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick (pageviews: 22721)
- Millions of cicadas are expected to emerge after 17 years underground because, of course, it's 2020 (pageviews: 5816)
- Hope In Darkness (pageviews: 5380)
- Police: Man turns himself in after killing Tinder date (pageviews: 5066)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is opening 14 more temples (pageviews: 4481)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? (pageviews: 3938)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3835)
- Utah's governor: K-12 schools can return in the fall (pageviews: 3399)