SALT LAKE CITY — According to numbers from Uber Eats, takeout orders in the US and Canada have increased by 30% since the novel coronavirus was declared a national emergency in March.
And the numbers show what Americans are ordering while they’re home.
Topping the list: French Fries.
The most popular takeout option
Whether its French, Waffle or Notso, fried spuds topped the list for 9 states across the country including Utah.
Our top takeout: Carne Asada fries.
If you need something to wash down all that satisfying starch, Uber had you covered. Their most popular beverage was soda, followed by Thai iced tea, Horchata, and iced coffee.
Other notable chart-toppers were Crab Rangoon in Missouri and Wisconsin, Chips and Queso in Louisiana and spicy tuna rolls in Oklahoma.
You can find the whole list here.
Looking for something else to stock up your quarantine snack store?
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick (pageviews: 22721)
- Millions of cicadas are expected to emerge after 17 years underground because, of course, it's 2020 (pageviews: 5816)
- Hope In Darkness (pageviews: 5380)
- Police: Man turns himself in after killing Tinder date (pageviews: 5066)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is opening 14 more temples (pageviews: 4481)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? (pageviews: 3938)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3835)
- Utah's governor: K-12 schools can return in the fall (pageviews: 3399)