Hill Cumorah Pageant’s final year will come in 2021 instead
SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced the faith’s treks and pageants are canceled for 2020, including a postponement of the final Hill Cumorah Pageant to next year.
Citing the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, church leaders released a statement Thursday reading, in part:
Church recreational properties in the United States and Canada used for youth camps and conferences are closed until further notice. In addition, all treks and Church pageants are canceled for 2020. As directed by the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, all public gatherings of Church members are suspended worldwide until further notice.
The Hill Cumorah Pageant, which was scheduled to end this year, will instead get its final season in July 2021.
In addition to the Hill Cumorah Pageant, the statement from the church indicated the latest update also applies to overnight youth conferences and camps, including Aaronic Priesthood quorum camp and Young Women camp.
Due to the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Church recreational properties in the United States and Canada used for youth camps and conferences are closed until further notice. Additionally, all treks and Church pageants are canceled for 2020. https://t.co/NvRTT56Rwh
— The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (@Ch_JesusChrist) April 30, 2020
“Leaders should not plan treks for 2020,” the statement continued.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- Utah Gov. turns 56 bills into new Utah laws, several involve Bears Ears
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- DWR officials taking steps to protect California condors