The search for two missing teenagers goes on near Utah Lake
UTAH COUNTY — The search continues for two missing teenagers, 18-year-old Priscilla Bienkowski of Saratoga Springs and 17-year-old Sophia Hernandez of Eagle Mountain.
According to county officials, the teens went tubing on Utah Lake Wednesday afternoon but never came home. Since then, a large search effort has been made to locate the two missing teenagers.
Sergeant Spencer Cannon from the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday that they first received a call at 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday about the missing girls.
He also said that they had found personal items belonging to the two missing teenagers along the shoreline near SR-86. Those items included a cell phone, car keys and the vehicle in which they drove to the lake.
One of the pool tubes they were using was found washed up along the shoreline, Cannon said. The other drifted out into the lake. Investigators said both still contained air when they found them.
Hundreds of people gathered at the Knolls area of Utah Lake Saturday night for a vigil for the two missing teenagers.
Cannon said rescuers will need to scale the search back in the coming days. Although he fears the worst, Cannon did not rule out the possibility that the girls are elsewhere.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- Hazmat spill closes I-15 in Bluffdale
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- How to deal with and overcome seasonal depression
- Snow expected to impact Wednesday evening commute
- Expert joins Inside Sources on women accessing homeless resources