Crews responding to structure fire in downtown SLC
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Fire crews are responding to a structure fire in downtown Salt Lake City near 120 South and 300 East.
300 East has been closed between 100 and 200 South.
Checking out a structure fire 120 S 300 East. A lot of people evacuated. pic.twitter.com/7TnUOlIiAn
— Mary Richards (@kslmrichards) May 12, 2020
Captian Anthony Burton from SLC Fire says that they received a notifier alarm from the building just before 7:00 a.m.
“When crews arrived, they had heavy smoke coming from the upper floors and through the roof. That quickly developed to heavy smoke and flames.”
Burton says that they began evacuations and says that everyone got out safely and only one firefighter was injured.
Investigators are on scene looking into the causes of the fire.
This is a breaking news story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man