Weber County authorities say woman’s body found in Ogden will be investigated as a suspicious death
OGDEN, Utah– Weber County authorities announced on Wednesday they’ll investigate a suspicious death after a woman’s body was found in Ogden Canyon.
The woman has been identified as 30-year-old Lopine “Chynna” Toilolo, according to authorities. No further information about the case has been released at this time.
In a press release, the Weber County Sheriff’s Office said they received a 911 call about a possible dead body in the area of 400 Ogden Canyon around 6 p.m. on Tuesday.
Upon arrival at the scene, deputies and medical personnel discovered the body of a deceased adult female. The Weber County Attorney’s Office and Weber-Metro CSI were also at the scene.
The death is considered suspicious and “investigators are actively investigating the circumstances surrounding the death,” Lt. Cortney Ryan said in the press release.
Law enforcement does not believe there is any threat to the public at this point.
The Weber County Sheriff’s Office held a press conference on Wednesday afternoon where they disclosed minimal information about the case.
The sheriff’s office expressed their deepest condolences to the family, friends and community of Toilolo.
Anyone who may have seen something “suspicious” in the area between Sunday morning and Tuesday evening should call sheriff’s investigators at 801-778-6631.
This story has been and will be updated when additional information about the case is available.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- More than 3,400 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Is illness or poor air quality causing that cough?