SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake County Parks and Recreation has released a schedule for phased re-opening of city parks amenities and recreation facilities.
The county announced on Tuesday that each recreation facility will open under modified operating procedures to comply with current state health guidelines. To comply with the state’s Utah Together Plan, all parks and recreation facilities will follow social distancing protocols.
Currently, all six golf courses in Salt Lake County are open. Tee-times are by reservation and pre-pay only.
The current timeline for Salt Lake County re-opening
May 18, 2020
With social distancing in place, all county playgrounds, dog parks, pickleball courts, skate parks, open fields, paths, and trails will be open to the public. Additionally, public restrooms in parks will open.
May 22, 2020
The historic Wheeler Farm will open with social distancing requirements in place. The Sunday Farmer’s Market will take place beginning June 7th with modified operations.
May 23, 2020
Cities currently in the “Yellow” status will have access to pavilions and athletic fields. Amenities will be open for reservations. Large groups are required to follow health department guidelines.
June 1, 2020
Select recreation centers will begin opening with modified operations. The opening of facilities depends on staffing, and health order directives related to amenities. The ability for recreation facilities to open is subject to change. The county will provide updates as plans are finalized.
July 1, 2020
The target date to open Salt Lake County outdoor pools.
For more information on recreation facilities opening, visit here.
- Delta places Romney hecklers on no-fly list (pageviews: 5873)
- What to watch as House moves to impeach Trump for 2nd time (pageviews: 1614)
- Contests (pageviews: 1592)
- Enter to win a pair of Apple Airpods! - KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1325)
- Gov. Cox declares state of emergency ahead of expected protests over the weekend (pageviews: 1287)
- VIDEO: Sen. Romney confronted by an angry passenger at the airport (pageviews: 905)
- Hey, Utahns over 70: Here's everything to know about getting your COVID-19 vaccine (pageviews: 808)
- McConnell rejects emergency session for trial (pageviews: 804)