SANDY, Utah — Police are looking for a suspect in a fatal shooting Friday morning that resulted in the death of a 17-year-old. It happened near 1100 East, Saphire Drive.
Fred Jayne, who lives nearby, heard the shots. “It was just like somebody banging on a lid,” said Jayne, who said it did not sound like a larger caliber gun. Jayne said neighbors rushed to the boys aid and administered CPR until paramedics arrives. Police said the boy eventually died at the hospital from multiple gunshot wounds.
Jayne said he has seen the victim and his brother skateboarding in the neighborhood, but didn’t know their names. “I’ve never seen any problems there at all,” Jayne said of the house.
Several home surveillance cameras captured images of what police believe is the suspect’s vehicle. It’s an older green Ford Explorer, with gold trim. They’re asking anyone who may have seen the vehicle, to call the police.
Officers say they don’t believe there is any concern for nearby resident safety.
— Sandy Police (@Sandy_Police) May 22, 2020
Saphire Drive will be closed for the next several hours.
This story is developing and will be updated.
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick (pageviews: 36898)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? (pageviews: 9724)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 7881)
- Police: Man turns himself in after killing Tinder date (pageviews: 6513)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is opening 14 more temples (pageviews: 3929)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3810)
- No pool? No problem. With Swimply, you can rent one (pageviews: 3140)
- Police say woman killed after meeting a man on a Tinder date (pageviews: 2473)
- Four more Utah COVID-19 deaths and 203 new cases since Friday (pageviews: 1939)