FARMINGTON, Utah — Lagoon Amusement Park announced Friday it will reopen its gates on Saturday, after receiving authorization from Davis County Health Department. The park will open as scheduled at 10 a.m. and guests will be required to wear face coverings upon entry.
Park employees are asking guests not to congregate at the front lines prior to the gates opening in order to maintain social distancing. Guests will be required to purchase tickets online, which will speed up the process of admitting guests and placing the wrist bands that grant access to the park.
Guests are prohibited from gathering in large groups of people, while employees will be encouraging constant movement throughout the park.
“As a large percentage of Lagoon’s attendance is family members who live in the same household, employees will consider this when encouraging appropriate social distancing,” the park said in a statement.
As part of the efforts to avoid the spread of the virus, single-rider lines — which previously served to seat people faster, especially if they were riding alone — will be eliminated. In addition, several rides and attractions may reduce the number of seats available at any given time.
Guests will be asked to use hand sanitizer as they enter and exit rides, with park employees disinfecting high-touch surface areas throughout the day. Lagoon staff will also wear face masks and gloves throughout their shifts.
Park restaurants will adhere to the state guidelines for dine-in service.
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick (pageviews: 36898)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? (pageviews: 9724)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 7881)
- Police: Man turns himself in after killing Tinder date (pageviews: 6513)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is opening 14 more temples (pageviews: 3929)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3810)
- No pool? No problem. With Swimply, you can rent one (pageviews: 3140)
- Police say woman killed after meeting a man on a Tinder date (pageviews: 2473)
- Four more Utah COVID-19 deaths and 203 new cases since Friday (pageviews: 1939)