SALT LAKE CITY– The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced on Monday that 14 more temples will be entering phase 1 of re-opening on June 1, 2020.
With the addition of these 14 temples, a total of 66 temples have re-opened.
Temples re-opening June 1:
Adelaide Australia Temple
Albuquerque New Mexico Temple
Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple
Calgary Alberta Temple
Fukuoka Japan Temple
Melbourne Australia Temple
Nauvoo Illinois Temple
Perth Australia Temple
Raleigh North Carolina Temple
San Antonio Texas Temple
St. Louis Missouri Temple
Sydney Australia Temple
The Hague Netherlands Temple
Vernal Utah Temple
Currently, there are 168 dedicated temples with 7 undergoing renovations. Before the pandemic hit, there are a total of 161 operating temples. The church needs to open 95 more temples to operate at full capacity again.
There are 16 temples under construction and 41 temples yet to begin construction.
- Church services can resume, National Guard will play bigger role in testing for coronavirus in Utah
- 17 Latter-day Saint temples to reopen for sealings on Monday
- Latter-day Saints release guidelines for Sunday worship
- Angel Moroni to be removed from Salt Lake Temple for renovations
- President Nelson announces 8 new temples, including Utah, Dubai and Shanghai
- A different kind of fireworks: look to the skies for July 4 F35 flyover (pageviews: 6624)
- A different kind of fireworks: look to the skies for July 4 F35 flyover | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3887)
- Election Results (pageviews: 3405)
- UPDATE: Four people killed in plane crash are identified (pageviews: 3373)
- UPDATE: Four people killed in plane crash are identified | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3008)
- Seattle Police begin to retake CHOP area (pageviews: 2788)
- Gov. Herbert approves more mask mandates as cases rise (pageviews: 2559)
- Update: Suspected shooters from Provo protest arrested in SLC (pageviews: 2437)