HILL AIR FORCE BASE — The US Air Force’s F-35A Lightning II Demonstration Team, in partnership with the Air Force and the 2d Audiovisual Squadron, will be holding a live and behind-the-scenes demonstration on Friday.
According to the team, the live stream will begin at 1:40 p.m. MDT on Friday on both the Demo Team’s Facebook and YouTube pages with a takeoff time of 2:30 p.m.
“We’ll have guest-interviews, multiple cameras, and showcase never-before-seen parts of our routine that will give you an UP-CLOSE and personal look at our team practices, even closer than what you would see at one of our airshow performances,” they wrote on Facebook.
Demonstration Team Links
The team will also hold regularly scheduled practices throughout the upcoming week as well:
- Thu, 28 May: 1:30 pm
- Fri, 29 May: 2:30 pm
- Wed, 3 Jun: 1:30 pm
- Fri, 5 June: 1:30 pm
Updates to this week’s local #Utah practices
Thu, 28 May: 1:30 pm
Fri, 29 May: 2:30 pm
Wed, 3 Jun: 1:30 pm
Fri, 5 June: 1:30 pm
For those of you who aren’t in our local area, stay tuned for an announcement later today.
(Times are subject to change last minute without notice) pic.twitter.com/EpMkgP1IIx
— F-35A Demonstration Team (@F35demoteam) May 27, 2020
Earlier in the month, the team, lead by Captain Kristin “BEO” Wolfe, performed a flyover of Utah as part of their training to thank healthcare workers fighting COVID-19.
Just over four years ago, Hill AFB received its first F-35A. Now the base is home to 78 of the fighter jets. 51 of them were on display in January when the base received its last F-35A and reached its full fighting capability.
Hill now houses three full F-35 units, including the 4th, 34th and 421st fighter squadrons. A squadron is still in deployment abroad in support of Operation Inherent Resolve.
- A different kind of fireworks: look to the skies for July 4 F35 flyover (pageviews: 6624)
- A different kind of fireworks: look to the skies for July 4 F35 flyover | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3887)
- Election Results (pageviews: 3405)
- UPDATE: Four people killed in plane crash are identified (pageviews: 3373)
- UPDATE: Four people killed in plane crash are identified | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3008)
- Seattle Police begin to retake CHOP area (pageviews: 2788)
- Gov. Herbert approves more mask mandates as cases rise (pageviews: 2559)
- Update: Suspected shooters from Provo protest arrested in SLC (pageviews: 2437)