UPDATE: Elder Jeffrey R. Holland released from hospital
SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced today that Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles has been released from the hospital.
Church spokesperson Eric Hawkins said that Elder Holland will return to normal activities.
“He and his family appreciate the prayers and concern on his behalf,” Hawkins said.
Elder Holland will be 80 years old in December, 2020. He was ordained as a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in 1994.
Earlier this week, via a statement, the Church said Elder Holland was hospitalized after several days of illness.
Elder @HollandJeffreyR of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles was admitted to the hospital last week following several days of illness. He has been tested and does not have COVID-19. Other diagnostic studies are being done. https://t.co/NQUCo6G2Tg
— The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (@Ch_JesusChrist) June 17, 2020
Elder Holland has reportedly been tested for COVID-19 and does not have the virus. The church says that other diagnostic tests are being conducted.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?