SALT LAKE CITY — A study released by boatsafe.com shows Utah is high on a list of alcohol-related boating accidents.
The list, comprised of numbers from the U.S. Coast Guard’s Boating Safety Division and Bureau of Transportation Statistics, ranks the Beehive state number 2, with 19.21 accidents on boats where alcohol was involved per 100,000 registered watercraft, where injury, death, or property damage occurred.
Only Maryland had more, with 19.37 alcohol-related boating accidents.
As the July 4 holiday weekend approaches, the study using numbers from 2019 and released this month shows boating and alcohol accidents don’t seem to be restricted to any particular region, with activity spread pretty evenly across the country.
1. Maryland – 19.37
2. Utah – 19.21
3. Washington – 16.35
4. Alabama – 13.08
5. Texas – 12.62
6. Arizona – 11.36
7. Missouri – 11.04
8. Massachusetts – 10.57
9. Illinois – 9.36
10. Florida – 9.08
- Election Results (pageviews: 4286)
- Update: Suspected shooters from Provo protest arrested in SLC (pageviews: 3620)
- Seattle Police begin to retake CHOP area (pageviews: 2724)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2656)
- New charges filed against Lori Vallow in death of missing children (pageviews: 2342)
- “Euthanize the police dog” Social Media calls to cancel Paw Patrol | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1967)
- Update: Suspected shooters from Provo protest arrested in SLC | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1943)
- Gov. Herbert approves more mask mandates as cases rise (pageviews: 1737)