SALT LAKE CITY — A study released by boatsafe.com shows Utah is high on a list of alcohol-related boating accidents.
The list, comprised of numbers from the U.S. Coast Guard’s Boating Safety Division and Bureau of Transportation Statistics, ranks the Beehive state number 2, with 19.21 accidents on boats where alcohol was involved per 100,000 registered watercraft, where injury, death, or property damage occurred.
Only Maryland had more, with 19.37 alcohol-related boating accidents.
As the July 4 holiday weekend approaches, the study using numbers from 2019 and released this month shows boating and alcohol accidents don’t seem to be restricted to any particular region, with activity spread pretty evenly across the country.
1. Maryland – 19.37
2. Utah – 19.21
3. Washington – 16.35
4. Alabama – 13.08
5. Texas – 12.62
6. Arizona – 11.36
7. Missouri – 11.04
8. Massachusetts – 10.57
9. Illinois – 9.36
10. Florida – 9.08
Today’s Top Stories
- Moab Police get digital evidence possibly connected to double murder
- Spanx employees given $10,000 and two first-class plane tickets
- Buzz Lightyear’s origin story is teased in a new trailer from Pixar
- Investigators confused Brian Laundrie’s mother for him while watching their home,…
- Crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon claims one life, seriously injures child
- What will a Covid-19 vaccine for younger kids mean? An expert weighs in
- Intermountain Healthcare vaccine requirement
- Utah Tech recommended as new name for Dixie State
- Overdue Colorado hiker ignores calls from rescuers thinking they were scammers
- Japan’s Princess Mako marries commoner college boyfriend, loses royal status