WEST JORDAN– The Jordan School District reopens in the fall, and students will be required to wear masks.
However, School Board President Bryce Dunford said they will not be enforcing that rule.
“It’s hard to say we’re not requiring masks because we are, but we’re not going to deny someone an education who doesn’t wear a mask,” Dunford said during an interview with KSL News Radio’s Utah’s Noon News show.
Dunford said they are following state guidelines when it comes to masks.
Teachers will be given face shields, while Plexiglas barriers will be installed in their classrooms.
What will the school year look like?
As of now, classes will be held on campus Monday through Thursday, with Friday set aside for online classwork.
Dunford said they will also have an online-only option for students and teachers most at-risk of getting a severe case of COVID-19.
“We have some teachers who are high risk, and they just wanna teach from home. We’re hoping we can pair up those numbers perfectly so that students who want to be taught from home can be taught by the teachers who want to [teach] at home,” Dunford said.
Although the schools do not have the ability to test everyone for COVID-19, they will be setting up isolation rooms for anyone who feels sick.
“Anyone who is showing signs of COVID-19 can go to the isolation room, and we can call medical professionals, we can call parents,” Dunford said.
As for sports, the district is reviewing them on a case-by-case basis to see if they are safe to play. Dunford said they will rely on guidance from the state.
Ultimately, Jordan School District reopens in the fall and masks will be required for students.
- 10 Utah temples to enter Phase 2 of reopening (pageviews: 3190)
- Small plane carrying six people crashed in Duchesne County | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1663)
- Transcript of Lori Daybell’s call to Chad Daybell on day of children’s discovery | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1597)
- Victim in critical condition after police shooting in Holladay (pageviews: 1402)
- I-80 to be closed from 9 am to 9 pm Friday for firefighting efforts (pageviews: 1329)
- 10 Utah temples to enter Phase 2 of reopening (pageviews: 1310)
- Transcript of Lori Daybell's call to Chad Daybell on day of children's discovery (pageviews: 1189)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1165)