SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Salt Lake City is the latest school district to announce plans for its schools to reopen if COVID-19 restrictions remain in place this fall.
Larry Madden, Interim Superintendent of SLC School District, posted a letter on the district’s website addressing the concerns of parents and faculty members.
Schools plan based on survey info
After two surveys were distributed to parents and faculty members, the SLC School District determined its plan for when students return in the fall. However, if Salt Lake City remains in an “orange” or “red” state due to COVID-19, students will be learning remotely only.
However, if Salt Lake City moves to the “yellow” COVID-19 phase, students will be allowed back inside schools with modified schedules.
Since Gov. Gary Herbert announced masks are now mandatory for students, faculty, staff and visitors to all K-12 schools statewide, that means all students and faculty will be required to wear masks in Salt Lake City schools.
Additionally, hygiene stations are being put into the school to ensure health safety of all members of the school. The district shared photos on social media of custodial staff installing plexiglass in libraries and offices earlier this week.
- Jordan School District settles on plan for fall classes
- Granite School District: student masks optional but encouraged
- Herbert mandates masks for K-12 schools; stops short of statewide public mandate
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
- Mask Free: CDC says fully-vaccinated people can meet without masks (pageviews: 1831)
- Salt Lake County, five others to move to “moderate” transmission phase – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1224)
- Surprise! The world’s oldest mummies are not in Egypt – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1158)
- Utah opens up vaccine eligibility to Utahns 50+ and those with other health conditions (pageviews: 1046)
- Skyline High School swimmer helps save life at state swim meet (pageviews: 1035)
- Utah opens up vaccine eligibility to Utahns 50+ and those with other health conditions – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 999)
- Win a $250 Gas Card! - KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 987)
- Live Mic host Lee Lonsberry to depart KSL, return to DC (pageviews: 953)