UPDATE: Pole Canyon Fire human-caused, 500 acres burned
SALT LAKE CITY — A 500-acre fire burning in the White Hills area of Eagle Mountain was human-caused according to Utah Fire Info. The fire was started by a bulldozer.
Early Wednesday evening, the fire was reported to be moving away from structures.
However, voluntary evacuations remain in place on Wilson Avenue in the White Hills area of Eagle Mountain.
The Pole Canyon Fire is reportedly growing rapidly, and four single-engine aircraft tankers, two large helicopters and more than 100 people have responded to the blaze.
— Eagle Mountain City (@eaglemtncity) July 15, 2020
This story is breaking and will be updated as more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Coronavirus Prevention
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- What can the Layton dog bite teach us about free speech?
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting