UPDATE: Pole Canyon Fire human-caused, 500 acres burned
SALT LAKE CITY — A 500-acre fire burning in the White Hills area of Eagle Mountain was human-caused according to Utah Fire Info. The fire was started by a bulldozer.
Early Wednesday evening, the fire was reported to be moving away from structures.
However, voluntary evacuations remain in place on Wilson Avenue in the White Hills area of Eagle Mountain.
The Pole Canyon Fire is reportedly growing rapidly, and four single-engine aircraft tankers, two large helicopters and more than 100 people have responded to the blaze.
— Eagle Mountain City (@eaglemtncity) July 15, 2020
This story is breaking and will be updated as more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street