Taco Bell is retiring 11 items to make room for new menu
(CNN) — If you’re a fan of Taco Bell’s 7-Layer Burrito or Spicy Potato Soft Taco, you better visit a Taco Bell soon because they will no longer be on the menu starting August 13.
The fast food chain announced Friday that it’s simplifying its menu by retiring 11 items.
“This evolved menu approach comes after months of analyzing the new way we are running our restaurants,” the company said in a statement. “We want to ensure an easy and fast ordering experience for our guests and team members.”
Starting August 13, you’ll no longer be able to order the Grilled Steak Soft Taco, 7-Layer Burrito, Nachos Supreme, Beefy Fritos Burrito, Spicy Tostada, Triple Layer Nachos, Spicy Potato Soft Taco, Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes, Loaded Grillers (Cheesy Potato, Beefy Nacho), Chips & Dips and the Mini Skillet Bowl.
The Quesarito will also be removed from menu boards, but it will still be available to order digitally through the Taco Bell website or app.
Instead, Taco Bell said it’ll be adding two new items.
The $5 Grande Nachos Box — which layers beef, refried beans, cheese sauce, three-cheese blend, pico de gallo, guacamole and reduced-fat sour cream on top of a bed of tortilla chips — comes with a medium drink and is returning for a limited time. Also, a $1 Beef Burrito will become a permanent addition to the Cravings Value Menu.
Yes, life without a 2 a.m. Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes will be hard, but Taco Bell says the simplified menu will allow room for “new fan favorites, continued progress in categories such as plant-based diets and even opportunities for the return of some classics on a limited time basis.”
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says