Police: Renters get drunk, start shooting at neighbors
ROSE CANYON, Utah– Unified Police officers and a SWAT unit descended on a Rose Canyon neighborhood after reports three men were shooting at a neighboring house.
Det. Ken Hanson, with Unified Police Department, confirmed three men barricaded themselves after shots were fired at a home near 143rd South Shaggy Mountain Road Wednesday evening.
Hanson said the home is a short-term rental and the men were from Idaho and in Salt Lake County on business. He said the men had been drinking and decided it would be a good idea to go outside and fire a handgun at the neighboring home.
Numerous rounds were fired and a shelter-in-place order was activated. Airbnb confirms the house is listed through on the website but says their platform was not used to book the rental.
The SWAT team and an armored vehicle responded after the men barricaded inside the rental home. After several hours, the SWAT officers used flash bangs to get the attention of the suspects, who eventually complied with commands given over a megaphone, Hanson said.
Luckily, no one was injured. Officers are still accessing the property damage and what charges might be filed.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- July 4 parade shooting leaves 6 dead, 30 hurt; man detained
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song