Police investigate shots fired at Provo MTC
PROVO, Utah — Provo Police are looking for the driver of a white SUV after multiple shots were fired at the main security booth of the Missionary Training Center (MTC) of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
At 2:28 am on Monday August 3, 2020, the driver of a white SUV shot multiple rounds at the Main MTC security booth at 900 East in Provo, UT.
Police are on the scene and investigating. pic.twitter.com/KBUvIIaCqw
— Provo Police (@ProvoPolice) August 3, 2020
The department said on Twitter that the shots were fired around 2:28 a.m. at the MTC security booth near 2005 North and 900 East in Provo.
There are no reports of any injuries.
“We are grateful that the shooting this morning at the Provo Missionary Training Center did not result in physical injury. The investigation of this incident is being handled by the Provo City Police Department, and questions related to details, motive or any other information should be directed to them,” church spokesman Eric Hawkins said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Campbell with Provo Police at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-852-7315.
Today’s Top Stories
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study