Police investigate shots fired at Provo MTC
PROVO, Utah — Provo Police are looking for the driver of a white SUV after multiple shots were fired at the main security booth of the Missionary Training Center (MTC) of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
At 2:28 am on Monday August 3, 2020, the driver of a white SUV shot multiple rounds at the Main MTC security booth at 900 East in Provo, UT.
Police are on the scene and investigating. pic.twitter.com/KBUvIIaCqw
— Provo Police (@ProvoPolice) August 3, 2020
The department said on Twitter that the shots were fired around 2:28 a.m. at the MTC security booth near 2005 North and 900 East in Provo.
There are no reports of any injuries.
“We are grateful that the shooting this morning at the Provo Missionary Training Center did not result in physical injury. The investigation of this incident is being handled by the Provo City Police Department, and questions related to details, motive or any other information should be directed to them,” church spokesman Eric Hawkins said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Campbell with Provo Police at email@example.com or 801-852-7315.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought