The next Girl Scouts cookie flavor to grace your mouth: French toast
(CNN) — French toast is no longer just for the breakfast table. Starting in 2021, it can pair just as well with wine as a dessert — thanks to a new Girl Scouts cookie flavor.
The Girl Scouts of the United States of America on Tuesday announced that Toast-Yay!, a new flavor, will be added to the 2021 cookie season lineup. The bread-shaped cookies look like miniature slices of French toast topped with icing.
Due to the pandemic, Girl Scouts began offering consumers the option to buy cookies online through their Girl Scouts Cookie Care or donate cookies to communities in need.
Next year, the youth organization said it will “again embrace their entrepreneurial spirit by selling cookies through online platforms and innovative ‘virtual cookie booths’ on social media (with parental supervision).”
Girl Scout cookie season officially begins in January — so this tantalizing treat is just a tease at this point. But at least 2020 brought some sweet news to look forward to.
As one person tweeted in reaction to the new cookie flavor, “This is the news we needed in 2020!”
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Arrest made after Logan Canyon crash killed three people
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Nine soldiers killed after Army helicopters crash in Kentucky
- Former Unified police chief discusses how police respond to copycat situations
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Ogden High School community reacts to active shooter hoax
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Utah’s online marriage licensing gets attention all over the world
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws