The next Girl Scouts cookie flavor to grace your mouth: French toast
(CNN) — French toast is no longer just for the breakfast table. Starting in 2021, it can pair just as well with wine as a dessert — thanks to a new Girl Scouts cookie flavor.
The Girl Scouts of the United States of America on Tuesday announced that Toast-Yay!, a new flavor, will be added to the 2021 cookie season lineup. The bread-shaped cookies look like miniature slices of French toast topped with icing.
Due to the pandemic, Girl Scouts began offering consumers the option to buy cookies online through their Girl Scouts Cookie Care or donate cookies to communities in need.
Next year, the youth organization said it will “again embrace their entrepreneurial spirit by selling cookies through online platforms and innovative ‘virtual cookie booths’ on social media (with parental supervision).”
Girl Scout cookie season officially begins in January — so this tantalizing treat is just a tease at this point. But at least 2020 brought some sweet news to look forward to.
As one person tweeted in reaction to the new cookie flavor, “This is the news we needed in 2020!”
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- FBI seeking information on whereabouts of serial bank robber
- Salt Lake City Police investigating shooting at Meadows Park
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps…
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- ‘I guess we were meant to be there,’ says woman who saved driver from car fire
- Search for wanted fugitive in Tooele is unsuccessful
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors