Two wildfires burning in Beaver County
BEAVER COUNTY, UT — Firefighters are dealing with two lightning-caused fires in Beaver County.
The Baboon Fire is burning near Minersville and at the time of publication had burned 300 acres. It was at 0% containment late Sunday afternoon.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) August 23, 2020
The Baboon Fire is south of Minersville, and it is being fed by dry brush and juniper.
The second, much larger fire, is burning southeast of Minersville. The Greenville Fire has scorched 1,800 acres near the Minersville Reservoir and Campground. According to Utah Fire Info, the Greenville Fire was also started by lightning.
A major road, state route 21, was closed for several hours on Saturday because of the wildfire. The road was reopened late Sunday morning.
For a time on Saturday, there was a concern for structures and trailers at the reservoir. Beaver County officials credit Minersville and Millford Fire crews for their hard work in keeping the flames at bay.
Today’s Top Stories
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon, doubts it ever flew over Utah
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- New bill could disrupt signature gathering path to Utah’s ballot