Two wildfires burning in Beaver County
BEAVER COUNTY, UT — Firefighters are dealing with two lightning-caused fires in Beaver County.
The Baboon Fire is burning near Minersville and at the time of publication had burned 300 acres. It was at 0% containment late Sunday afternoon.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) August 23, 2020
The Baboon Fire is south of Minersville, and it is being fed by dry brush and juniper.
The second, much larger fire, is burning southeast of Minersville. The Greenville Fire has scorched 1,800 acres near the Minersville Reservoir and Campground. According to Utah Fire Info, the Greenville Fire was also started by lightning.
A major road, state route 21, was closed for several hours on Saturday because of the wildfire. The road was reopened late Sunday morning.
For a time on Saturday, there was a concern for structures and trailers at the reservoir. Beaver County officials credit Minersville and Millford Fire crews for their hard work in keeping the flames at bay.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- The Queen Center
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Stay Home