SALT LAKE CITY— Two of the three AMC theaters in Utah will reopen Thursday with a few notable new rules in place to keep moviegoers safe and healthy. The company is calling its COVID safety era “AMC Safe and Clean, which they’ve detailed in an informational video. It seems, going to the movies will look and feel quite a bit different.
One of the most notable changes moviegoers will see at the three theaters in Layton, West Jordan (both opening on Thursday) and Provo (opening on Wednesday) will be masks. AMC says face coverings will be required from entry to exit, the only exception is when you’re eating or drinking. AMC says if anyone has forgotten their mask, they’ll have some available for purchase at the theater.
NO MORE CROWDED THEATERS
AMC says they are keeping theater capacity to 30%. In their “traditional seating” theaters, every other row will be blocked out to create distance between patrons. There will also be an empty seat left between parties. In their “wide, luxury chair” theaters, AMC is requiring parties to be separated by one seat.
The theater is urging customers to go digital when paying for concessions. AMC touts it’s expanded their mobile option of ordering food nationwide… and says their concession stand will not take cash. Also, “classic movie staples” seems to be the fare. The chain says they’ve pared down their menu to make it easier to prepare (and therefore less germy.) So it’s back to basic sodas, popcorn, candy, and nachos.
One of the movie causalities of COVID at AMC is free refills. The second helping of popcorn or soda is gone to limit potential contact. However, the popular Freestyle Coca-Cola fountain still seems to be in the lobby as shown in the video.
The video also says they’ve got new hygiene equipment to go along with intensive cleaning and sanitation processes. The video highlights futuristic-sounding Electrostatic Disinfectant Sprayers, Hepa vacuum cleaners, and the latest MERV ventilation filters.
To find out what’s playing tonight… click here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Do You Suffer From Intimacy Pain, Pressure, or Leaking? Here Are 7 Ways You Can Get Relief…
- UPDATE: SR-190 reopened after fatal crash in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Update: Two deputies wounded, suspect dead, after shooting near the Salt Lake County Metro Jail
- McDonald’s is leaving Walmart, and Walmart is looking for new options
- With These 4 Things to Do In Moab Utah, Are You Ready for Your Next Family Adventure?
- Armed suspect killed in exchange of gunfire with SLCO Deputies
- Looking for Something Fun to do With Your Whole Family? 3 Fun Things To Do in Logan Utah
- Wasatch Academy: How This Boarding School Has Become The Model of Coronavirus Classroom…
- What is an accessory dwelling unit? How ADU’s can help your finances, future, and your…
- A Unique Utah School Combines Incredible Adventure and World-Class Education: So What Can…