UPDATE: Body found near Saltair identified
SALT LAKE CITY — The Unified Police Department (UPD) is investigating a suspicious death after a woman’s decomposing body was found on a frontage road off of Interstate 80 on Saturday.
UPD spokeswoman Sgt. Melody Gray said the body was found in an area near the Great Saltair. Gray says the body appears to have been in that location for several days.
Police identified the woman as 42-year-old Akosita Kaufusi of Salt Lake City. Her last known address was in Millcreek, but a records search found she has also lived in Roosevelt and Heber City.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- ‘Goblin mode’ chosen as Oxford word of the year for 2022
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025
- How much will it take to save the Great Salt Lake?
- Checking in on the status of full-day kindergarten in Utah
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Defense bill likely to include end to military Covid vaccine mandate, source says