UPDATE: Body found near Saltair identified
SALT LAKE CITY — The Unified Police Department (UPD) is investigating a suspicious death after a woman’s decomposing body was found on a frontage road off of Interstate 80 on Saturday.
UPD spokeswoman Sgt. Melody Gray said the body was found in an area near the Great Saltair. Gray says the body appears to have been in that location for several days.
Police identified the woman as 42-year-old Akosita Kaufusi of Salt Lake City. Her last known address was in Millcreek, but a records search found she has also lived in Roosevelt and Heber City.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Opinion: Is it time to retire the $100 bill and move to cashless society?
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- State fire marshal talks about Lake Mountain Middle School delays
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- Iron County Care and Share