3-year-old girl safe after being lofted by kite in Taiwan
TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — A 3-year-old girl in Taiwan was reported safe after becoming caught in the strings of a kite and lifted several meters into the air.
The unidentified girl was taking part in a kite festival Sunday in the seaside town of Nanlioao when she was caught up by a giant, long-tailed orange kite.
Video shot at the scene showed her twisting several times above a crowd of adults who struggled to pull the kite back to earth.
News reports said the girl was frightened but suffered no physical injuries in the incident.
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Suspect taken into custody after firing shots in Kearns
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- Breyer makes it official: He’s leaving the Supreme Court on Thursday at noon
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Takeaways from first primaries since Roe v. Wade overturned