Cedar City is Packed with Fun Activities to Offer Everyone in the Family! Here are 4 Things To Do on a Weekend Trip to this Underrated Utah City
This article with incredible Cedar City activities is sponsored by Visit Cedar City.
This late summer and early fall, take advantage of the great activities you can do in Cedar City, UT. The weather is perfect, and you’re bound to find something new and fascinating! Here are 4 things to do on a weekend trip to this underrated Utah city!
At just twenty-one minutes south of Cedar City, this part of the famous Zion National Park is a do not miss. The entrance to the visitor’s center is right off the freeway. Once you enter the park the six-mile road will take you through some incredible scenery. The Middle Fork of Taylor Creek is probably the most recommended hike, but you can also hit the Timbercreek trail which is only a 1 mile out and back and is great if you are short on time.
In the months where there is no snow on the ground, Brian Head Resort opens up their slopes and creates Southern Utah’s highest mountain bike park. And the Giant Steps chairlift even has special bike carriers to take you bike to the top of the summit. Start at the Giant Steps summit at 11,000 ft, and you can take your pick of 17 different trails from easy to expert courses.
If you are a photo buff Cedar BreaksNational Monument is the place you need to check out. As one of only a handful of International Dark Sky Parks, Cedar Breaks is the place you want to head to to get some great night sky photos. Just make sure to plan ahead and dress accordingly. In the fall, temperatures can be 30-40 degrees different from the temps in Cedar City. You might consider the PhotoPills app to help you plan your trip as well.
Eat at Some Incredible Restaurants in Cedar City
If you don’t eat anywhere else in Cedar City, try Centro Woodfired Pizzaria. This pizza is incredible! Anything on the menu from the Burrata Fresca to the Centro Italiano pizza is definitely worth the stop.
For breakfast, Bristlecone is a chic modern cafe that offers awesome NYC style bagels and schmears.
Another great place is Silver Silo Bakery & Espresso. All their food is made from scratch and the cafe is actually owned by 2 FLDS families. The food is absolutely fantastic.
Today’s Top Stories
- One man is dead following crash on I-70
- Fun facts about the Olympics
- 6 common questions about treasury management services
- Flash flooding, storms, wreak more havoc on southern Utah
- 7 things you didn’t know about ketamines for pain, depression, stress, and recovery…
- Ledecky bids farewell to Tokyo Games
- Body found in American Fork Canyon may be missing man
- COLD: Dave Cawley’s theory behind the death of Susan Cox Powell
- UDOT to open first new interchange as part of U.S. 89 project
- Concrete spill in Mill Creek Stream kills many fish, could cause skin irritations from high…