This article about things to do in Bryce Canyon National Park is sponsored by Rubys Inn
Bryce Canyon is a national park that has earned its place as one of the most iconic places in Utah. And one of the most photogenic in the country. Bryce Canyon is the second busiest National Park in the state, but it’s also the smallest national park in Utah at only 35,835 square acres. The surreal hoodoos in the park are one of the main attractions, but what else can you do? Here are the top 3 things to do in Bryce Canyon.
1. Head to Rainbow Point and Yovimpa Point
This is a little bit of a drive. Specifically a half an hour drive to the south of the park. But it’s worth it if you are spending more than a day in the area. First, to the south, Yovimpa Point is actually where you can get a birds-eye view of the Grand Staircase. Then Rainbow Point is where you can check out the pink cliffs. They give you an idea of how Bryce Canyon’s hoodoos were formed.
2. Take in the Views
Views are THE reason to go to Bryce Canyon. Bryce Canyon is not a canyon like its name might imply. The park is an amphitheater positioned on the Paunsaugunt Plateau. But the hoodoos are the most iconic feature. The hoodoo spires were formed from constant freezing and thawing of ice in the cracks of the rock. A hike is the best way to take in all of what the national park has to offer. Plus, the park has both long hikes and short hikes for you to choose from.
3. Check Out the Stars
One other fun view has nothing to do with the view of the geology. There isn’t much light pollution in Bryce Canyon. It’s super dark there. So dark that not many other places in the continental United States come close. That means the views of the milky way and space are extremely clear. That’s great for all you photography enthusiasts too. Every year there is an annual Astronomy Festival too.
Things to do In Bryce Canyon
There’s no better place to stay while visiting Bryce Canyon than Rubys Inn. When you go make sure to sign up for some of their best activities. Horseback riding, ATV adventures, and Ebenezer’s Barn and Grill should be at the top of your list to check out.
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 21763)
- Truckers ask UDOT to fix lanes on I-15 after near miss | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 13305)
- Range Fire leads to Provo Canyon closure and evacuations | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 13265)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 12337)
- Orem woman’s eviction notice goes viral | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 12154)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 6702)
- UPDATES: Range Fire and Fire Canyon fire | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 5727)
- Missing hiker found in Zion National Park after 12-day search (pageviews: 3607)