Dwayne Johnson is recovering from COVID-19, warns the public
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is recovering from COVID-19 and warns the public the virus is not something to mess around with.
The star and former wrestler tested positive for COVID-19 three weeks ago. Recently, Johnson posted a video to his Instagram account stating he and his family are recovering safely from the coronavirus.
“I can tell you that this has been one of the most challenging and difficult things we have ever had to endure as a family,” he said. “And for me personally, too, as well, and I’ve gone through some doozies in the past.”
Though his daughters, ages 2 and 4, did not have severe symptoms, Johnson and his wife, Lauren Hashian, were a different story.
“But I am happy to tell you guys that we as a family are good. We are on the other end of it. We are on the other side. We are no longer contagious. And we are — thank god — we are healthy,” he said.
Johnson believes he and his family contracted the virus through close friends and family.
In his Instagram post, Johnson encouraged others to exercise extreme caution when interacting with others. He is motivating people to wear a mask and to get tested for COVID-19 before interacting with others.
Johnson mentioned his commitment to his health; he believes his commitment helped him overcome his illness.
“I’ve gotten knocked about and gotten my a– kicked a little bit in the past with some challenges, but testing positive for Covid-19 is much different than overcoming nasty injuries or being evicted or even being broke, which I have been more than a few times,” he said. “The reason why I feel this is different is because my number one priority is to always protect my family and protect my children, my loved ones.”
Today’s Top Stories
- FBI seeking information on whereabouts of serial bank robber
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- Salt Lake City Police investigating shooting at Meadows Park
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Search for wanted fugitive in Tooele is unsuccessful
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- Pioneer Park Coalition announces plan to combat crime, homelessness
- ‘I guess we were meant to be there,’ says woman who saved driver from car fire
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps…