Granite School District to publish COVID-19 case counts for all schools
SALT LAKE CITY — The Granite School District will begin to publish the current positive COVID-19 case counts for each of its 86 schools.
In a statement Monday, the district said it will be providing the information in order to give parents the information they need to make decisions for their families.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronaviruses transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Utah health officials confirm three cases of rabies in bats
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah