SLC/Davis/Ogden Schools canceled, Cache District on two hour delay
SALT LAKE CITY– High wind gusts and power outages have canceled classes for students across the Wasatch Front. The Davis and Ogden and Weber School Districts announced on Tuesday that they have canceled classes and the Cache County School District is starting on a two-hour delay.
Currently, the Salt Lake City, Davis, Weber and Ogden school districts are closed.
— SLC School District (@slcschools) September 8, 2020
UPDATE: As reports continue to come in, the decision has been made to close all Davis School District schools today, Sept. 8.
— DavisSchools (@DavisSchools) September 8, 2020
Due to several school locations reporting loss of power combined with hazardous travel conditions for employees and students, classes are canceled at all locations 9/8/2020. Stay home and stay safe. Check https://t.co/5n5lKoryzf for updates and visit https://t.co/72AH2Lf0Qi
— OgdenSchoolDistrict (@ogdensd) September 8, 2020
Due to high winds in the night and many schools currently without power, the Cache County School District is going to…
Weber State University initially canceled all classes before noon, but announced all classes would be closed after a few hours.
Due to high winds classes on all Weber State University campuses, classes are cancelled until noon.
Campus is open and the status of afternoon classes will be evaluated.
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?
- Citing ‘dangerously low’ overnight temps, county opens emergency shelter